Our Commitment to Local Community,
Safety and Industry Excellence
PMS is dedicated to giving back to the community. This value has been formalized in our company Strategic Plan and is evidenced by generous donations of time and money to a variety of regional and national charities.
PMS also supports:
- Rady’s Children’s Hospital Foundation
- San Diego Blood Bank
- The New Children’s Museum
- Father Joe’s Villages
- Cleaning For A Reason
- Autism Speaks
- Francis Parker
- Salvation Army
- American Red Cross
- National Foundation For Autism Research
- Autism Tree Project Foundation
- San Diego Museum of Art
What Would Southern California Be Without Local Business?
In So Cal we love the character of our neighborhoods, our diversity and our beaches. Local companies not only diversify this landscape and nourish a sense of community and uniqueness, they boost the economy, produce more jobs, and ensure the kind of economic diversity a city needs to flourish.
The Importance Of Local Business To Southern California
Local companies protect character and prosperity:
PMS hires locally and strives to do business with other local companies. Each dollar spent regionally goes farther than with a national company.
Local companies foster community well being:
PMS contributes tens of thousands of dollars each year to local causes and charities like our generous and ongoing support of the San Diego County YMCAs.
Local business encourages competition and service diversity:
PMS is the largest locally owned janitorial company in Southern California. We possess the resources and managerial structure necessary to take on jobs of any size while maintaining competitive pricing.
- Represent 99.7% of all employer firms
- Employ just over half of U.S. workers
- Create more than half of the nonfarm private GDP
- Have generated 64% of net new jobs over the past 15 years
Employee safety is a crucial element of our Strategic Plan. In a labor-driven industry like ours, safe employees mean lower insurance costs and turnover rates, which translates to more affordable, reliable, high quality service for our clients.
When Karen Berry became CEO in 1996, she implemented a comprehensive job-costing program that streamlined operations and enhanced our focus on safety. These efforts have virtually eliminated work-related injuries and substantially lowered our Experience Modification Rate (EMR) to one of the lowest of any janitorial companies in the state of California.
We work closely with our Risk Manager to maintain the essentials of a successful safety program:
- Monthly safety meetings
- Documented Hazard Communication Program
- Compliance with all OSHA regulations including the maintenance of SDS books and proper labeling of chemical containers
- Training in:
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Handling and use of chemicals
- Use and care of personal protective equipment
- Fire prevention and electrical safety
- PMS safety policies
- General and job-specific safety procedures
We partner with our clients in support of safety and workplace illness prevention. We clean for health!
- CIMS with Honors – more info on CIMS
- CIMS-GB – more info on CIMS
- National Women’s Business Enterprise Certification (WBE)
- Partnership Excellence Award presented by GEICO
- San Diego Small Business Supplier of the Year Award presented by Raytheon
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Building Service Contractors Association International (BSCAI)
- California Association of Community Managers (CACM)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)